1500 – 2000 Words: Monitoring Brand Performance
The DiVito Bakery has now re-opened, incorporating the marketing strategy changes as the result of your research. As the marketing consultant for the DiVito Bakery you are now recommending a Performance Tracking Proposal, instituted to monitor performance and identify potential areas of under-performance.
The DiVito Brothers agree with your recommendation to institute a tracking program, and have asked you to prepare a Performance Tracking Proposal. In your proposal you need to address:
- Background and Objectives of the new marketing strategy.
- Key marketing metrics that need to be measured and a rationale for why these metrics are important.
- Establish objectives (numerical goals) for each of the key marketing metrics you have identified.
- Propose a methodology for collecting the data, including:
- How the data will be collected (in-person, telephone, mail, online, other)
- Recommended sample sizes by target group, including which consumer segments need to be interviewed (customers, non-customers, ethnic groups)
- Timing: How soon after the strategy has been implemented should we do the tracking research? How soon should we go back after the initial research? Why?