Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
.1Describe the key characteristics of a whistleblower, and briefly summarize one (1) researched instance of whistleblowing in one (1) publicly traded company within the last 12 months. Include the details of the issue that the whistleblower reported and the effect of the whistleblower’s actions on both the whistleblower himself and the company.
2. Decide whether or not the whistleblower was justified in reporting the company’s actions. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Examine the extent to which the whistleblower would be protected under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Justify your response.
4. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
5. Only legal authorative and creditable references will be accepted. Please do not use too many internet references. And only use black ink and not blue ink for your internet references. For ex: if you are using the minimum of two references you can only use 1 internet reference and 1 legal creditable authorative references. If you use all internet references you will not be given full credit. These are research and writing assignments.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements for full credit:
1. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
2. Include an APA style Running Head and page number 1, cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. Number each page.
3. Use ABC Spell Check, www. Grammerly.com, www.Tutoring.com , proof read and edit your paper before submitting for formatting, spelling, and spacing errors.
4. Use only a Word Document when uploading this assignment. Please contact BB Strayer University Tech Support if you have questions.